Preventive Dentistry is critical to a lifetime of good oral health. Our goal is to help each and every one of our patients achieve it.
To insure your best oral and dental health, we recommend:
- Regular dental cleanings by one of our highly trained dental hygienists
- Periodic oral exam, oral cancer screening and x-rays
- Patient and/or parent education for daily home care to prevent tooth decay and periodontal (gum) disease
- Additional treatment such as sealants or mouthguards as indicated
- Brush your teeth twice a day with an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste
- Use a soft tooth brush and replace it every three to four months or whenever the bristles become frayed—a worn tooth brush will not clean effectively
- Clean between your teeth daily with floss or an interdental cleaner. Asyou grow older most dental problems occur between your teeth—both decay and periodontal or gum disease
- Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks. Look for “hidden”sugar in what you eat. Remember that every time you eat anything sugary, it creates an acid, decay producing environment in your mouth that takes 30 minutes to neutralize
- See us regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams!